Pages

Tuesday

Some Random Thoughts

I love this time of year. Everything about Christmas puts me in a great mood. The music, the lights, the tree, the focus on Christ. It really is a magical time of year. This year has been even funner than usual for us  because of the girls. Tacey is so happy and excited every single day for Christmas. And if Tacey is excited about something then Brylee is too. We had a blast decorating the house for Christmas.

First thing Tacey does in the morning is run downstairs and plug in the lights. 
And then she goes hunting for Timmy.
Timmy is our elf(:
Can you see him in the tree? He is at the very top.
Timmy has done a great job at keeping our girls in line. They are VERY aware of him. 
Thanks Mama and Papa Warren for the great gift!
There he is again up in chandelier. This pic was taken with my phone if you couldn't tell.

On a completely different note I have some whining to do. About a month ago I woke up with the inside of my cheek super swollen. It drove me crazy and it took forever to heal because I kept biting it because it was so swollen. It stayed like that for about two or three weeks. Then last week the swelling went down and I realized there was a HuGE hole in my gum back by my last molar. It was really sore too. I seriously thought I had some nasty gum disease or something. (I promise I have good dental hygiene) Anyways, I finally went to the dentist and it turns out it was just my wisdom tooth trying to break through. I have known forever that they needed to come out I have just been too chicken (and poor) to do it. I called about six different doctors to get prices. I really wanted to get sedated because I HATE dental work! But it costs soo dang much. I finally settled on a great guy here in town that Rhett had actually interned with. He doesn't do sedation but he does do the gas for FREE! 
So yesterday I went in and had the blasted things taken out. I was so freakin scared. I wasn't even this scared when I got my gall bladder taken out. Rhett was able to go with me and watch, which was nice. Luckily I only have two wisdom teeth and it really didn't even take that long. But DANG that was a rough procedure. I am surprised my jaw is still attached. I completely understand why they put people to sleep for that. Listening to Pandora and the nitrous made it a bit better BUT I am so glad I never have to do it again!
I am in a good amount of pain right now. On top of the normal wisdom teeth pain I have had an awful migraine that I can't get rid of. I feel like such a baby.
 I also look kinda goofy right now because only one side of my face is swollen. haha. Cracks me up every time I look in the mirror. 
My dentist told me tea bags help the blood clot. So instead of gauze I put tea bags there instead. Peppermint tea bags are the BEST! They feel soo good, and taste good too. It also helps relieve pain if you have a toothache. Just an FYI! 
But things are looking up as of right now. I am on an awesome diet of KFC mashed potatoes and I just finished off a Wendy's frosty! YUM. Rhett is doing a great job of taking care of me. His boss is amazing and let Rhett take a couple days off so he could stay home and be with me. 
Well, sorry to go off on a such a rant. It just seems to be the only thing on my mind right now. 


I do have a HaPPy thing to write about though! Rhett and I decided not do gifts for each other this year but that we would do one big family gift.
This is what we chose!!!
AN IMAC!!!

Holy Cow, I am soo in love. This thing is so amazing! 
Believe me, this computer is long overdue. We have been needing a new computer for YEARS.
All I can say is once you go MAC you never go back. It is so much easier to use. I am completely dumb when it comes to using technology so it is very refreshing to have a computer that is so simple to use. LOVE IT! I could seriously go on and on about it. One of my favorite parts about it is being able to download pictures off my camera in about 2 seconds. 
Tacey is better at running this computer than I am. We initially had a rule that the kids were not allowed to play on it but honestly I am not that worried about it anymore.

Tacey took this picture all by herself this morning. They are the cutest girls even with bedhead(: 

If anyone has any good tips on recovering from wisdom teeth extractions I would love to hear them!


2 comments:

Danielle said...

Yeah having teeth pulled does not sound fun! Yay on the IMAC ....we love our MACS! Greatest investment ever! Miss you all!

Jill said...

I left my computer at my mom's when I got married and so we have both been using Chris' MAC laptop, and I am in love as well. We are going to get me one when we can afford it. I also am in love with my iPod touch. They say nothing runs like a deer, but I say nothing runs like Apple! haha. I also wanted to thank you for your sweet note on my blog. I appreciate the prayers, and feel free to have your sister-in-law call me anytime. I would love to help if I can. miss you and love you. -Jill