Wow, I have not written in a LONG time!! It has been a heck of a year full of so many emotions I haven't even known how to publicly write down how I have felt. I know I can not give up on this little blog of mine though. I've got some exciting projects coming up that I know will help me keep up on this and I'm excited to just have some of our life documented a little more. In the past I have always been so nervous to share things. Afraid of judgement or how I would come off. And then something clicked with me a few months ago! I heard someone say, 'what kind of people are you surrounding yourself with and having as your friends that make you feel that way? And also, who the heck cares?!' Now, I'm pretty sure this all has to do with my tri-life crisis that I've had since I turned 30. But I will tell you what, it has been FREEING!! I understand that this is complete common sense for a lot of people, (like my husband!), but for me, it has taken my whole life to learn this. My confidence and my self worth are not controlled by anyone but ME! I have felt that this has been a small (well, actually huge) blessing from God and exactly what I have needed in this time in my life. It's a tricky process, ya know. Even at 30 I feel like you still have to go through hard things that can make you feel so small, like learning who your true friends really are. (Isn't that stuff supposed to go away when you're an adult? and acne, acne should be gone by now too, right?) Anyway, a lot of experiences and things have brought me to this point, but I am grateful. It feels good to be stepping out of my comfort zone, also scary, but mostly good.
Sooo, that was my long way of saying welcome back to my little online journal where I plan to completely overshare. One more thing that I think I should share! I was at my temple recommend interview with the stake a few weeks ago. The man interviewing me was telling me the importance of journaling and how the previous stake president asked them all to journal daily as a part of their calling. Kind of random, but I totally feel like he was supposed to tell me that! Even though I already know how important journaling is because it is one of the small, few things that I have left of my mom. And honestly I am always wishing and wanting MORE of her writing. So why haven't I been better at doing it for my own kids? So thank you Brother ? for reminding me, I feel like you gave me that extra little shove I have needed to get my bootay in gear. Here goes nothin(:
No comments:
Post a Comment