Pages

Saturday

Riggins Todd Warren

Wow! I have a ton to update on! So much has happened these last few months. I guess this is just going to be more of a pregnancy/birth update and hopefully I can update later on all the other fun things we have been up to. 

So I went to my regular appointment when I was 33 weeks 6 days. I told my Dr about how I had been having a lot of contractions and some were painful. I honestly thought that was normal with this being my third baby, I just assumed they were braxton hicks that were being annoying. The Dr kind of freaked out on me for not calling in earlier and then made me get undressed so she could check me. Turns out I was 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced.  I felt super bad and guilty that I hadn't called in about my contractions earlier. My Dr instantly put me on bed rest and sent to me over to the hospital to get my first round of steroid shots for the babies lungs.

 Bed rest sounded completely impossible to me.  I had no idea how I was going to be able to handle it.  My girls keep me super busy and Rhett was so busy with work I always joke that during this time of year I am a single mom. Anyways, I can't believe how many people stepped up and came and rescued our family! My sister jumped in her car and was at our house to help me the next morning. She ran millions of errands and took such great care of me and my girls.  Then my mom came and took care of us when Briky had to leave.
I also couldn't believe how gracious our ward was! I received so many meals, phone calls, and people taking over my lessons. I feel so blessed to have all these amazing people in my life. I hope one day I can repay everyone.
My dad, Jaxyn, and Kiyoshi also came and surprised  me one Sunday afternoon. 
Add caption
One thing I really struggled with during bed rest was how much I was missing out on. There were so many fun Halloween activities we had planned. Luckily Rhett and my mom took the girls out to their activities and trick or treating, but I was still sad I wasn't able to go with them.




By the time I was finally off bed rest (which was only three weeks) I was kind of depressed and really sore.
When I was 37 weeks the Dr took me completely off bed rest and off my medication to stop my contractions.
I had seriously no energy at all since I had just been laying down for a few weeks. I have had a hard time getting up and back to any sort of routine. I get wiped out by just doing the dishes or putting a load of laundry in.  I feel like such a wimp!
Add caption
 Rhett kept warning me that I needed to have my bags packed just in case we had to rush to the hospital. I told him to take a chill pill and that I was seriously convinced that I was going to go full term if not passed my due date. I had read lots of stories of women being put on bed rest and then the dr's had to actually be induced. I knew that would be just my luck. haha.
So Rhett and I went into my appointment when I was 37 weeks 6 days and the Dr checked me and said I was 5 cm and 80% effaced and that I should just head over to the hospital. I was in shock. Haha. I should have listened to Rhett cause we had to run all the way back home to pack our bags. By the time we were headed back to the hospital my contractions really were starting to get uncomfortable and I was starting to get really nervous because I knew that it was going to happen that day!
When we got to the hospital they got my IV in and had me all hooked up to the monitors and said I could receive my epidural whenever I was ready.  For some stupid reason I kept putting off getting my epidural even though I was really uncomfortable. I really wish I had just listened to the nurses and Rhett and gotten my epidural sooner because when the Dr came in to break my water I about died! I couldn't believe how badly it hurt. And then my contractions really kicked in. I knew I was ready for my epidural. It was seriously the BEST thing EVER! I instantly felt better. It was actually best I had felt in weeks, haha.
So when I delivered my girls I had the roughest deliveries.  With both I pushed for 2 hours and still needed the vacuum to get them out. So I was absolutely terrified about pushing this little guy out.  I could for sure tell when it was time to push this time around, but I was dreading it so much I didn't tell anyone for awhile that I needed to push. Finally my nurse came in and checked me and said 'okay, lets do this.' Ahh! I was so scared! 
Rhett had been joking with the nurses and dr that he was fully qualified to deliver our baby since he had delivered so many cows and sheep. haha.  So when my Dr came into the room she walked over and threw some scrubs on Rhett and said alright then, come deliver your baby boy.
Not even joking, she had Rhett do everything, and it was probably the coolest experience I've ever had! And it turns out I was stressing and worrying about the delivery for no reason. I pushed for nine minutes and he came right out! Such a cool experience. 
The sad part was because he was a little bit early poor baby boy had a hard time transitioning to being out and couldn't breathe very well and had a temperature.  Luckily after about 45 minutes he started to recover and I was finally able to really hold him and love on him.
Riggins Todd Warren was born at 9:29pm and weighed 6lbs7oz and 19.5".


Since Riggins was born so late at night the girls weren't able to come meet him until the next day. 
But it was so fun to watch the girls see him for the first time! They loved him instantly!





 This is ONE PROUD DADDY!! Can you tell? (:


 This boy is for sure very, very loved. We are always fighting over him. He very rarely isn't being held by someone. I have to say that I am quite selfish and really hate giving him up. Haha. I seriously can't get enough of him. 
I have tried really hard to take it easy since he was born but it hasn't been that easy. Between Thanksgiving and the girls's activities and school we have been pretty busy.  I haven't quite got the hang of our new routine, but I'm sure it will come with time.
I am soo incredibly grateful for this little boy. Welcome to our family Riggs!!






No comments: