Pages

Tuesday

5 months

Riggins is just about 5 1/2 months old.  I sure LOVE this boy to death.  He has hit so many milestones the last few weeks! It has been super fun and exciting watching this little guy grow but it is breaking my heart how quickly time is passing.  I have really been trying to savor every single moment with my little ones. 
One thing I am really struggling with right now is we are in the process of switching Riggs to formula. I had to run Riggins into the dr last week because he wasn't feeling well.  After they weighed him we realized he was only 12lbs9oz. Which means he has only gained a few oz since his 4 month appointment. He is almost 5 1/2 months. I've never had the best luck with breastfeeding and neither of my girls really cared for it even though I did breastfeed them both for awhile. Riggins has actually loved it and I had finally hit a point where it wasn't difficult to feed him. It took weeks actually months for it to become easy. Since we have switched him to formula he has already put on weight has had lots more wet diapers. I feel so sad and guilty. He's never acted like I was starving him but I obviously was. Not sure if he wasn't drinking enough or if I just don't have enough milk fat. Sad, sad day. I can tell he misses it and I know I do. I always thought I would feel a huge relief to have my body back to myself and to just be done but I'm just bummed right now. Anyway, I'm done being a whiner now! Onto the fun stuff.

As long as Riggs has napped and eaten he is seriously the best, happiest baby. And luckily he really enjoys just playing with and observing his sisters. And as you can see in most of these pictures one of the things he learned to do this month was how to use his hands! It has been fun watching him discover this!
Here he is playing princesses with Bry. haha.

This picture was on Easter Sunday last month. It's one of my favorites. Such a handsome boy!

He's a pretty good sport when his sisters play with him!

I really don't like hauling his carseat into every store, especially when I have a million errands to run. So I tried just putting him in the cart one day.  He couldn't quite hold himself up the whole time, but luckily he had Bry to help  him out!

This is one of the first days he figured out how to used  his hands. It was so funny to watch him spaz out with that cup. He was so excited to be putting water into his own mouth.

It's just a little fruit smoothie, no judging! (:

This was his first time having some rice cereal. He loved it at first and then like 10 minutes later the texture totally grossed him out.  It was hilarious.

I LOVE THEM!


haha. Poor boy!

This is an example of him just happily watching his sisters play. They were like this for over an hour. I got 4 loads of laundry folded and put away! 

I don't even remember which daughter did this. haha.

Just gnawing on some celery. He feels so big eating food with the rest of us.

The girls set this up for him in the hallway between their bedrooms. 

umm. I don't even know how to caption this. I'm so glad he embraces the girls craziness.

I finally let Tacey hold Riggs standing up. With me right next to her. It totally freaks me out but they both love it. She just better not ever do it without me there!


Brylee built a fort. They played in it all day!

He doesn't always love what his sisters do to him though. Bry was just trying to entertain him in the car. He does not like the car at all! Just like Brylee(: 




No comments: