Pages

Sunday

our new busy

I do plan on writing about our awesome summer.  Really, so many fun memories were made.  But for now I am just going to play catch up with the pictures I still have stored on my computer.
School started late, late August for us.  I did not want to send my babies back to school at all.  Even though I could tell they were completely ready and a tad bored at home.  I just wasn't ready for the hustle and bustle this year.

Tacey is in 5th grade this year.  5th GRADE!!! How did that even happen? At the end of the school year (last year) Tacey found out she was going to be in her dream teacher's class.  This is the teacher that all the kids really, really want.  And I can totally see why!! She is so amazing.  I was a little worried because Tacey was going to be in class with another girl that has caused Tacey quite a bit of stress. Luckily, Tacey's new teacher seems to be right on top of things with the kids and I have been worrying less about it. This is also the first year Tacey hasn't been in the same class as her best friend.  I was worried about that too, but it doesn't seem like it has been too bad and they still make plans to meet up during all their little breaks.  
So at the beginning of the year Tacey's teacher had us write a letter about our child.  I wasn't really sure what to write and was kind of nervous about what I should even be telling her.  I can't remember everything I wrote down, but I know I wrote a lot about Tacey's personality and her tenacity for life.  I love that Tacey's teacher had us do that.  When I went in for parent teacher conference she had so many great things to say about Tacey.  She made me feel like she appreciates all the awesome, cute quirks and things about Tacey that I don't feel like a lot of other people take the time to notice or actually get annoyed about.  It made my mama heart so dang happy!! These are the kinds of things a mom prays about.  Answered prayers for sure!!
Bring on 5th grade!!

So Brylee is in the Spanish Immersion Program at school.  Last year was a little bit hard.  Like she was secretly crying at school multiple times a week and saying that she missed me all the time:( I think it was because in January of her first grade year they made it so the students weren't allowed to speak to their Spanish teacher in English at all.  If they wanted/needed something, they needed to speak in Spanish.  I remember going in to help one day and a little boy asked me if he could go to get a drink and I told him that he needed to ask his teacher.  5 minutes later I asked him why he didn't go ask his teacher and he told me it was because he forgot how to ask in Spanish, so he just went thirsty instead.  I was sad for the boy but selfishly it made me feel better that Brylee wasn't the only one a little nervous at school.
Well this year has been a completely different story!! This girl is rocking the 2nd grade.  She loves her teachers, she loves her friends, and is completely thriving.  The longer she is in school, the more I am learning new things about this sweet daughter of mine.  I always knew that she was a people pleaser, she will literally do anything and everything to make everyone happy.  But I am also finding out that the girl is a complete perfectionist and is so dang hard on herself when she doesn't get things correct right away.  Brylee is smart and catches on really quickly.  She also has to learn science and math in Spanish, so it is only natural that everything doesn't click right away.  That is so, so frustrating for her.  At PTC her teachers brought that up too and they were able to give me some really good suggestions on how I could help Brylee with things like that.  They sure love her and how well behaved she is and how hard she is always trying.  
A few weeks ago the teachers were able to pick a student or two out of their classes to participate in a little program they have.  Brylee was one of the students chosen and oh man, was that girl beaming!!!
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't proud of her too.




 The first day we sent the girls to school Riggins asked me when his school started.  haha.  I was NOT going to be signing my baby up for preschool!! And then he brought it up a couple of more times and I caved.  My main reason for not wanting to have Riggins in preschool was that I really want to cherish the last two years I have with him at home.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my days with this boy.  He makes me happy pretty much all day.  But it really has worked out so nicely having him in school for a couple of hours.  Riggs and I used to drive to Idaho Falls everyday to go to the gym because there isn't really a gym here that has daycare.  But now that he is in preschool I use that time to go to the gym here in town and sometimes I even have time to run home and get ready.  And now instead of him being at a daycare at the gym, he is in preschool learning and I don't feel like I am missing out on a ton of time with him. He loves it there and is learning so much! I really wasn't expecting him to learn a ton since he is still 3, but it is amazing to see how much he is retaining.


I think our schedule this year for the kids has been one of my favorites with all of their after school activities.  Even though they are actually a tad more busy than they were last year, it kind of feels like less, just because of the way it is all scheduled.  I feel like I am still getting quality time with them on nights they have activities.  We really are busier than ever with a billion different things on all of our plates, but life feels so good and peaceful right now.  Even through all of the hustle and bustle.  I can only pray it continues to feel that way throughout the rest of the school year!  Nothing feels worse than feeling burnt out.

I have to say this new phase in my life is so bittersweet.  I kind of have all the kids in school and my kids are really becoming more and more independent.  10 years later and I feel like I am able to take some time for myself and not feel guilt over it.  Okay, the guilt is still there, but there is less guilt.  ha. I really am loving this new independence. I have really been able to do things for myself lately and I feel like I am kind of finding myself again.  So that's the sweet part of this all.  The bitter part is that....my kids are getting older.  And they are a blast!! But, I LOVE having babies in our home. Babies always bring so much joy and laughter and honestly, that has been the hardest door to shut.  It tears me up inside when I think about not having babies in our home anymore. I also know that we are done.  We are exactly how Heavenly Father wants our family to be. Ahh, I could hardly even write those words out! wahh. 
But like I said, it's bittersweet.  I've made this mental goal for myself the last few years, and that has been to not live or dwell on the past and to not always be wishing for time to pass quickly.  LIVE IN THE MOMENT! Something I have struggled with my whole life but it is slowly becoming easier and more natural with time.  This motherhood train is such a crazy ride that I wouldn't change for the world.

So there ya go, a teeny, tiny update on our family.

No comments: