so if you know me you know that i am a bit if a germ freak, even more when it comes to my kids. i try and keep them in a bubble so they arent constantly exposed to all the nasty crap going around. no worries, they still hang out with friends and go to church. but i did learn the hard way with tacey. she got very sick very young and had a rough couple years, so i vowed to become more careful and i feel like i really have done a good job at keeping my kids healthy. anways, onto my experiment. over the weekend while at a friends house our entire family got expsed to the stomach bug....my worst nightmirror. so i did my research and read and read and read up on how you could prevent it. turns out grape juice is the magic answer. something to do with the acidity...you can read about it at grammysuesnews.blogspot.com . so my family just started guzzling grape juice like crazy...everone except for brylee, she only likes milk. well, brybry woke up yesterday morning throwing up. the rest of us are still drinking the juice and just fine, i guess we will find out within the next couple days if this really is the magic juice. pray for us, i hate, hate, hate the flu. and i have the most queasy stomach ever when it comes to vomit. luckily brylee has been amazing. she prefers using the toilet to throw up in and gets excited to clean up and soap up afterwards. what an awesome one year old i have. well, i will keep ya updated on how the little experiment goes. wouldn't that be soo cool if it really worked!!
ps: i wrote this post on my droid, so it is a little sloppier than normal(:
3 comments:
I am so sorry!!! I am the same way with puke, I seriously don't even know how I'm going to be mom the first time my kids get that. You'll have to let us know how the grape juice thing goes, wouldn't that be nice?!
This is an awesome discovery, and I really hope it works. Poor little Brylee! I just love the patience of little ones when they are sick. Give her kisses from Aunt Annie. I hope she feels better soon.
That would be an so great if it works...I will definetly remember and use that if it does, so let us know! Little kids and flu is the Worst!
Post a Comment